The Everyday Collection Consignment Policies and Procedures
We are excited to bring to you The Everyday Collection by Second Born Maternity Wear! The Everyday Collection features everyday clothes for everyday adventures with special attention to 'mom-life'. You will find everything from denim and cool tops to leggings and sweatshirts in the casual, comfortable, PNW style that we know and love! Heading to the playground? Brunch with friends? Working from home? In between sizes after baby? Hunkering down during 4th trimester? You'll find something perfect to fit you during this stage in life!
WHAT to bring:
- In-season, very gently-loved women’s clothing and shoes.
- Nothing older than 3-5 years.
- Brands that are Gap quality or better (NO Amazon off brands, SHEIN, WalMart, Lularoe etc). If an item’s resale value is under $8, we will pass on it.
- Brands we love: Madewell, Zella, Patagonia, Nordstrom brands, premium denim, boutique brands and the like.
- Items must be freshly laundered, folded, and free of odors, damage, wrinkles, and pet hair.
- Up to 25 items, nicely folded in paper bags.
- Items that exude ‘casual northwest style’ or classic ‘mom-wear’. Comfortable, everyday clothes for everyday adventures. We will most likely pass on dress pants, formal dresses, stilettos, and the like. We will also consider very gently used shoes and handbags (please, no designer items at this time.)
We accept items for our Everyday Collection approximately the first 2 weeks of the month. These dates will vary depending on SBMW’s open shop hours.
Bring items in*:
September 1st-8th (Everyday Collection release is September 13th)
October 4th-13th (October 18th release)
November 1st-10th (November 15th release)
December 1st-9th (December 13th release)
At this time, appointments are not required. Generally, we can process your items as you wait. An initial, estimated resale valuation will be presented to you. You have the option to accept or deny our estimated valuation before consigning.
If the shop is busy or if you cannot stay, we will accept your items as ‘drop off’. We will contact you to let you know what will be accepted along with the initial, estimated resale valuation. If you wish to pick up the items that are not accepted, do so within 3 days otherwise they will become property of SBMW.
Items will be priced, hung and put on the selling floor starting on/about the 16th.
- We will try to sell your items for 90 days/3 months at the valued price.
- At the end of the 90 days/3 months, we will contact you and offer you your trade (based on selling price) in a value of shop credit or cash.
- Trade offers will be presented to consignors within 5 days of the end of the 90 day period.
- Consignor is expected to respond to offer within 48 hours. We will then record your shop credit to send cash trade
- You may then pick up the items that don’t sell (within 7 days) or leave them. They will then become property of SBMW.
You bring items in on September 5th. They will be available for sale beginning September 16th (give or take). They will be on the sales floor until December 16th (appx 90 days). Trade offer will be sent between the 16-21st. Remaining items should be picked up on the 23rd.
Consignor may choose one of the following trade options:
- 40% of selling price in cash (paid via PayPal or Venmo)
- 50% of selling price in shop credit
Trade offers will be presented at the beginning of each month.
Second Born Maternity Wear reserves the right to change policy and procedures.
Second Born Maternity Wear is not responsible for sellers lost, damaged or stolen goods.
CONSIGNOR MUST SIGN CONSIGNMENT SLIP IN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF POLICY AND PROCEDURES.
Ready to SHOP? Tap HERE to see some of what we have available!